27 April, 2013

Celebrating Ian

Yesterday morning Mae woke up and knew it was her brother's birthday... she got busy making a very special birthday party in our playroom.  She loves her brother already... and this girl also loves birthdays.  She sang "happy birthday to you" all day long yesterday. It was our little soundtrack to the day.

I'm not going to lie, yesterday was especially hard. I did cry several times and I just feel so emotionally drained.

I would have made Ian's birthday cake but I honestly didn't think I could do it without getting upset... I had my precious sister-in-law come with me to target to get him one.  We picked a cookie cake and asked if they would write on it for us.  The men behind the counter looked a bit scared and I heard one of them say he'd only done it 3 times before.  Well don't you know my spunky sis jumped at the chance to do it!  It was fun to be behind the counter and having her do it made it that much more special.


 Here we all are together!! Cody's brother Aaron, Verena, Rylee and Skyler.  My family rocks!  

 Mae loves her cousins and they love her. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...